a new dark room

Andrew Nichols

a new dark room

Postby Andrew Nichols » 24 Aug 2013, 21:34

Ok so the last dark room i made in a shipping container is dead and gone...yes i know its sad, so much work in and little to show for it, but....
I am building a bigger and better one twice the size and higher cielings in an actual place, not in a box.

I have taken a three year lease on a warehouse in Liechardt, Sydney, and it is a great space for photos being an old factory with character. I will be setting up studio there as well as dark room etc,

any one in sydney who want to come and help build can buy some time using space though i am not about to make it a collective, though being hired is possible.

it will be pretty well kitted out with loads of plastic things and complicated gizmos i know nothing about.

any way, just thought i would put the word out there as it will be ready in a month. DR mkii

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: a new dark room

Postby Alastair Moore » 25 Aug 2013, 19:08

Oh, what happened to the shipping container? Did they want it returned to ship some crates of fruit?

Andrew Nichols

Postby Andrew Nichols » 03 Sep 2013, 18:32

the guy i was renting from was an eccentric hoarder with many poodles.
i could not deal with all the stuff and the poodle smell, and his attitudes mainly, are what drove me away.

so i took a lease on a thousand square meter place in liechardt.

should have enough room.

art studios are available, at present.

will have art gallery and installation art gallery. i used to be a director of space3 gallery in chipendale sydney, Mel (another director) and I want to crack the coconut open again, as our openings often had 2-3hundred people turn up, and it was a blast.

oh and prob will have a photo gallery next to dark room. 50 square meters.

any way, thats the dream. now just have to make it happen.

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 26 Apr 2014, 17:56

stewart23 wrote:The dark room is mainly concerned with excludes light just before digital, photography was accomplished using materials sensitive to light.

Eh?

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 03 Sep 2014, 04:03

Lachlan717 wrote:
stewart23 wrote:The dark room is mainly concerned with excludes light just before digital, photography was accomplished using materials sensitive to light.

Eh?

I think that was spam. I'm pretty sure it was spam.

Return to “Resources”