Ansel Adams Show - Maritime Museum

Geoff Roberts

Ansel Adams Show - Maritime Museum

Postby Geoff Roberts » 02 Jul 2013, 12:47

This may be of interest to a few people here -

http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=2133

Ansel Adams - Photography from the Mountains to the Sea
4 July - 8 December 2013

Water was one of the favourite subjects of the great American photographer Ansel Adams (1902-84), best known for his detailed black-and-white landscapes that capture the epic spaces of the US continent. The museum brings the spectacular work of this brilliant pioneering modernist to Australian audiences, combining famous images with lesser-known works that focus on the artist's exploration of water in all its forms. Full of energy and dynamism, Adams' photographs of mountains, clouds and waterfalls, seascapes, bays and tide pools, provide a fresh perspective on a celebrated photographer.

Tickets

Exhibition only: Adult $15, child/concession $10
Big Ticket: Adult $25, child $15, concession $10, family $65
Free for members

Purchase your ticket at the museum.

Exhibition acknowledgments

Ansel Adams - Photography from the Mountains to the Sea is organized by the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.

Support for the exhibition was provided by David H. Arrington, and the Center for Creative Photography, University of Arizona

Presented with the assistance of the USA Bicentennial Gift Fund

Andrew Nichols

Re: Ansel Adams Show - Maritime Museum

Postby Andrew Nichols » 07 Jul 2013, 13:07

hi Geoff

what sort of equipment do you use to scan, i find it strange you dont mention any thing on your website?

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Ansel Adams Show - Maritime Museum

Postby Alastair Moore » 09 Jul 2013, 09:24

I went to the "official" opening to this exhibition last night. It was fantastic. Aside from the free drinks and canapes, I've never seen any Ansel Adams prints in the flesh, only in books and online. It was quite stirring to finally see his work and to see some of those prints that he'd made in the early part of his career still looking fresh and strong. I'm going to write up a review for my blog so will link you up to that. But if you're in Sydney, you really should go to see it, it's well worth a visit.

Return to “Events”