Murray Fredericks exhibition

Nathan Everett

Murray Fredericks exhibition

Postby Nathan Everett » 13 Nov 2013, 08:53

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to go through the new Murray Fredericks exhibition at Arc One in Melbourne over the weekend and their thoughts on it? I had planned on flying down from Sydney for the weekend for it but decided against it after talking to the gallery assistant and realising there was only a dozen images on display. Not sure how many (if any?) were shot on LF, I have a sneaking suspicion his 8x10 was put away in preference for digital in this series.

Walter Glover

Re: Murray Fredericks exhibition

Postby Walter Glover » 13 Nov 2013, 09:34

Right at the moment I have Muzza's 8x10 Nathan,

There may be one or two LF film images from his first Greenland trip but the rest is all MF digital and very likely DSLR stuff. I am just giving him time to settle from Melbourne and I'll be returning the kit to him.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Nathan Everett

Postby Nathan Everett » 14 Nov 2013, 09:37

I reckon if I had his 8x10 he'd have close to none and Buckley's of getting it back! I still haven't been able to find any reviews of the exhibition, hard to know whether to fly to Melbourne for it or wait until ACP bring it to Sydney.

RoganJosh

Postby RoganJosh » 14 Nov 2013, 12:02

Some of his salt prints came to Brisbane a while back and despite being made with the 8x10, they still weren't pretty up close. Some extreme cropping maybe..??

sharperstill

Postby sharperstill » 15 Nov 2013, 07:19

Wow, I thought the salt series was brilliant and I'm looking forward to the new work.
Last I spoke to Murray he said Greenland was too windy for a 10x8.

Jon

Jaxon Pescott

Postby Jaxon Pescott » 26 Dec 2013, 20:51

I think, I can help to this community in great sense. I have Ideas and plan for small business exhibitions. I am experienced and can guide well to newbies. Ping me if someone need any suggestion from me!
Face is the Index of Mind

Return to “Events”