Cataract Operation. Yippie!

Maris

Cataract Operation. Yippie!

Postby Maris » 22 Sep 2022, 13:41

Had the second eye done day before yesterday. The first eye was operated on last month.
What a difference. No more soft focus yellow filtration. Everything sharp and clear with gorgeous blue tones everywhere.

Now the responsibility is not to waste eyesight by not photographing. Lenses are polished and the film is defrosting. Time to get out there.

Does everyone have such a good experience?

Barry Kirsten

Re: Cataract Operation. Yippie!

Postby Barry Kirsten » 22 Sep 2022, 15:20

That's great news Maris. As a nurse I was involved in quite a few eye ops including cataract surgery. Of the many, many operations I've seen and been involved in, cataract surgery is up there with the best - including open heart and brain, IMO! It's such a simple procedure but a very elegant one. I saw one old bloke when the bandages came off the next day and he was ecstatic after 20 years of blindness. It gave me such a thrill to see his reaction. Pushing 80 myself I can't wait to have mine done but my Ophthalmologist says they're not bad enough yet (for public treatment). Congratulations, I'm so glad for you and I know you'll make good use of your better vision.

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 09 Oct 2022, 13:30

Extremely good news Maris, maybe you'll give colour film a go now that you are seeing colours more accurately. :shock:

I'm at the stage of needing more light to read than ever before and I too have noticed that most things are yellow tinged. More than once I have wondered if some people have renal issues, then upon remembering my colour perception has changed, I've remained silent and moved on.

My Ophthalmologist is keeping an eye on things, my gut feeling is that it may happen sooner rather than later.

PatrickM

Postby PatrickM » 20 Nov 2022, 06:47

Had mine done in middle of last year. What a wonderful surprise to see the world as it actually is. And no more ridiculous optometrist's bills for glasses. I got the deep focus type of lens which means I can see things clearly whether near or far.

Return to “Community Chat”