Notes from a small island

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Notes from a small island

Postby Alastair Moore » 07 Oct 2016, 16:46

Norfolk Island.

What an amazing place! I'll have photographs to show when I get back and dev them. But an absolutely beautiful and fascinating island with quite the history.

Few things I noted:

Don't forget to bring spare batteries for your light meter. I was actually lucky this time as a small shop happened to have a moderately obscure CR123 battery that my Sekonic light meter uses. I even have several of them back home. What possessed me to not stick a few spares in my bag is beyond me.

Mozzie spray. I've been bitten to death.

Look for udders. Particularly if there's a cow-like animal in a field on its lonesome. Thankfully I'm pretty quick on my feet and not bad at jumping fences (which could well have been electrified). I had to put those skills into practice earlier this evening. But seriously, look for udders.

Everyone is surnamed Christian, McCoy, Adams, Quintal or Nobbs.

There are photographic opportunities at every corner. It's quite stunning, highly recommend a visit if you haven't been. I'd like to come here again sometime.

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Notes from a small island

Postby Alastair Moore » 07 Oct 2016, 19:30

Oh and there's chickens roaming wild everywhere. Hundreds of them. You'd never be short of dinner.

Walter Glover

Re: Notes from a small island

Postby Walter Glover » 08 Oct 2016, 10:35

I am extremely envious to say the least.

It has long been an ambition to go there, along with Turkey and greece. (But I guess Turkey is a tad too risky these days for us LF workers: the locals would think we are Yanks until they are close enough to hear our accent.)
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “Community Chat”