So it's that migratory time again..

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

So it's that migratory time again..

Postby Alastair Moore » 06 Jan 2017, 16:19

And I'm heading back to the UK again, which given the climate (both meteorological and political) doesn't seem like a wise move but I have good reason to head back! So off I go. Flying out on the 2nd February. Sorry I haven't been able to give the forum much attention lately, I've not been able to get out doing much photography lately with one thing or another going on but as I'm returning to the water and moving back onto my boat, I'll definitely be making photographs again from the canal! Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and perhaps we'll bump into each other again sometime!

Cheers,

Alastair

smbooth

Re: So it's that migratory time again..

Postby smbooth » 08 Jan 2017, 08:48

Sorry to hear this new, good luck.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 09 Jan 2017, 06:37

Great to embrace the new year with now aspirations and endeavours, Alastair.

Life on the canals and rivers of the Old Dart seems somehow romantic and not too disconnected to the the exploits of Wind In The Willows.

Will you still be maintaining this forum from afar? I envisage getting my digs sorted sometime in the foreseeable which will mean I can be productive again and engage with the good folk here through the bond of common expoerience.

I wish you everything you wish yourself for the course you're plotting, Skipper.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 13 Jan 2017, 09:29

Thanks Walter and Shane! I shall certainly be maintaining the forum and actually probably be spending more time on it as it's my intention to do much more photography this year. My other current hobby of making beer won't be quite as easy to do onboard and so that'll probably be relegated for a while. I think there's going to be lots of photographic opportunities for me back on the water.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 13 Jan 2017, 18:37

Need I remind you of the cross-over of your two pastimes, Alastair?

I use heated brewers' mats to maintain a good temperature to solutions during the cooler months.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “Community Chat”