Mick Fagan

Re: An Interesting Read About Fuji vs Kodak

Postby Mick Fagan » 08 Jun 2021, 09:35

An interesting read indeed.

Mick.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 08 Jun 2021, 19:30

Mick, I think that the story continues elsewhere of how Ilford got a grip on a market sector through sticky to B&W and their subsequent staff buy-out and Harman along with the intriguing scattering of Agfa and the dedication of Adox.

There's some interesting stuff in this (I especially like the anecdatue about cattle pastures in South America):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3bHwFlmBEY
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 12 Jun 2021, 19:51

Mirko is quite well known in the European theatre and especially in Germany. It was my ambition that the next time I went to Berlin, where one of my wife's nieces lives; I would visit Adox.

Somehow I fear that may never happen, such is life.

One interesting thing is their retail shop in Berlin, it is open from 12:00 to 20:00. This allows those who can get there in daylight hours (retired people etc.) easily, but also allows the working generation to access their store when they have knocked off work. If one is in a retail environment in Berlin, then your working hours will often be as late as 18:30 or maybe even 19:00, so they have catered far and wide in making access to as many people as possible.

Yes the cow thing is interesting, but even more interesting is the person stirring the emulsion pot put the emulsion off because of a change of body deodorant.

Mick.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 12 Jun 2021, 23:25

A former model I posted a pic of here yonks ago portraying the character "Almitra" from Kahlil Gibrans, 'The Prophet' now lives Berlin and wrote the other day about the restrictions lifting:
"I just saw a guy running down the street in a mini skirt and ripped tights, a veil over his face, carrying an Amazon delivery box in one hand and a glass of sekt in the other.
Berlin is back!"
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “Community Chat”