Missing In Action

Walter Glover

Missing In Action

Postby Walter Glover » 27 Dec 2019, 06:52

On December 6 I suffered a stroke and am in hospital. Looking forward to getting active adain ASAP
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Missing In Action

Postby Oscar » 27 Dec 2019, 12:52

Hi Walter,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm sure I speak on the behalf of all the forum regulars in wishing you a speedy recovery, and hopefully back to photography before too long.

Oscar.

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 27 Dec 2019, 13:53

Very sorry to hear, Walter. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes.

Maris

Postby Maris » 05 Jan 2020, 11:08

Walter, best wishes for a quick and strong recovery. It's a better world with you out there, at large, with your new Toyo camera earning its keep.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 24 Apr 2020, 11:26

Well, it's been a while now — first in hospitals and now as a permanent resident in a care facility — but I'm slowly getting boody, sould and equipment back together to burn some film again.

I now know pretty much for certain that walking is something I used to be able to do. I'll now have to capture the beauty of the world from the eye height of a motorised wheel chair. And, even then, with difficulty. It'll be a little while yet until I can get out and about, but by jove I'm gonna do it!
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 24 Apr 2020, 16:36

Good on you, Walter. There will come a time when all of us will have to downsize both in what we use and what we'll be able to do. But as long as we still have the creative urge we'll derive great satisfaction from our art. Best wishes for the future.

Maris

Postby Maris » 12 May 2020, 10:43

Walter it is great to learn you are mobile again even if it's just wheels. And I hope you can make pictures again even if it just with a telephone. You've had the "eye" for so long anything you make will be interesting. I guess if it has to be digital then stick 'em in the digital section here. I'll look!

Warmtone

Postby Warmtone » 13 Aug 2020, 20:22

Hi Walter I hope by now you are in a better place and hopefully recovered from the stroke.

It’s a bugger getting older and I have also taken a few serious jolts - sudden hearing loss following a mild cold.
It turned my world upside down For about two years but now coping.

It’s been a long time since I visited this site - I understood it had been taken down some time ago.

Tonight I decided I was really missing seeing the images from yourself and Maris And thought I’ll try a search
And very pleased to see the Forum is up and going - but sorry to hear you have been ill.

Best Wishes for recovery.
Brian

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 17 Aug 2020, 23:37

Thanks,

Once te lockdown eases I'll be sending some sheets of 4x5 FP4+ off to Speers Point for processing and I'll get my scanner into action and there'll be some new work appearing.
Walter Glover

Emanuel Kant

Return to “Community Chat”