WTB jobo 8x10 Expert Drum

Walter Glover

Re: WTB jobo 8x10 Expert Drum

Postby Walter Glover » 18 Oct 2012, 08:03

Shane,

The inside of the tank is a bit like the chamber of a revolver with a number of cylinders. The fluids are introduced through the centre of the lid, as usual, and as the level rises the fluid enters each of the chambers when it is at the bottom of the rotation. With the tank on a motorised processor the rotation is pretty swift and the film is universally soaked evenly and in quick time.

Furthermore, the walls of each cylinder are ever so slightly bowed so that fluid also cover the back of the sheets. I have had both 8x10 and 4x5 Expert drums and found them excellent (within the rationale of constant agitation).
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Lachlan717

Postby Lachlan717 » 18 Oct 2012, 08:05

smbooth wrote:Ok so a little OT now but how does the developer get into the tubes, Im assuming that the tubes are slotted and as the tank rotate each tube passes through the developer.

Definitely not slotted.

Hopefully, this is a better way of explaining this than my poor writing skills allow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuFNUO3H6v8

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 18 Oct 2012, 21:02

Thanks Guys, Ive often wonder about them but never having seen one I wasn't sure. I have a big print drum that I can do 2 x 810 in.
Think I'll stick with that, only ruin 2 sheets at a time instead of 5.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”