FS: Sinar P2 4x5 Camera - As New in Box - Mint!

Geoff Roberts

FS: Sinar P2 4x5 Camera - As New in Box - Mint!

Postby Geoff Roberts » 16 Jul 2013, 19:54

Selling my Sinar P2 to help fund the purchase of an apartment. This camera is like new in box. I bought it from the original owner, who was a pro but had only used it a couple of times as it didn't really fit his needs. I bought it with the intention of picking up an 8x10 back and converting it but didn't quite get to it. As I already had another 4x5 camera I have played with it but not taken it out of the house. It includes the box and all the paperwork, here's a time capsule Sinar.

Asking $2,000.

I also have several Sinar mounted lenses, a zoom roll film back, a bino finder, bag bellows, extension rail and other bits and pieces for sale.

Walter Glover

Re: FS: Sinar P2 4x5 Camera - As New in Box - Mint!

Postby Walter Glover » 16 Jul 2013, 21:14

Aaaah, they are always so bloody tempting. But I just have to content myself with the F2. It had a run Sunday night in the studio and was just a joy.

Which wide angle bellows is it Geoof? The I or the II? The I is a singlefold of Swiss vinyl and the II has a double fold, like a small bellow, if you get my drif. If it is the model II I would be quite interested. The Bino Finder: is it the reflex thing with movable mirrow or is it just the looken-peeper to clip into a bellows and view direct? Again, I could be seduced by a reflex jobbie.

That is a really good model P2 there Geoff. It has the later mounting block which can be tightened with affecting the level of the camera. And the bearers that slide along the rail are the film type which allow a fair bit more extension on a rail. Later versions made for MF digital have larger blocks to take the additional weight and leverage but they almost mean you have to use an extension rail even with a 150mm lens.

Now, where can I lay my mitts on a lazy couple of grand to relieve you of this baby?
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 16 Jul 2013, 21:34

Which wide angle bellows is it Geoof? The I or the II? The I is a singlefold of Swiss vinyl and the II has a double fold, like a small bellow,

I think the bellows must be the I type, they are a standard design bag, and bought separately from this camera, I believe they are older.

The Bino Finder: is it the reflex thing with movable mirrow or is it just the looken-peeper to clip into a bellows and view direct?

It's the moving mirror type. I actually have two of them, one mint purchased with the P2. The other is good but missing the eye shade.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 16 Jul 2013, 21:40

Geoff Roberts wrote:It's the moving mirror type. I actually have two of them, one mint purchased with the P2. The other is good but missing the eye shade.

What are you after for the one missing the eye shade, Geoff? I have the eye shade and also the other flat thingy. I have had the reflex before and find it useful for low angle shots and working in plN ORIENTATION.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Geoff Roberts

Postby Geoff Roberts » 16 Jul 2013, 21:51

$120 would be great for the one missing the shade.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”