Developing/vignetting woes (still)

Light, film, exposure..
Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Developing/vignetting woes (still)

Postby Alastair Moore » 22 Sep 2016, 11:17

Have heard back from Ilford and certainly they're not dismissing my enquiry. I'm going to submit the scans of the negatives I've posted up plus one of the unexposed sheets I developed. I did another test this morning as panic set in that perhaps I was storing the film incorrectly in my freezer.

I've got a box of Foma 400 that has been stored in the freezer for much longer and the HP5+ has been sat on top of it since I bought it a month or two ago, while the Foma is out of date I thought I'd throw a sheet through the processor and see what happened. Sure enough, the sheet of Foma was clear as day with none of this vignetting going on. So I'm pretty much convinced the film is at fault. Hopefully Ilford will see this too and send me a couple of replacement boxes. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 29 Sep 2016, 19:31

Ilford have been very helpful, they're going to send a couple of test sheets for me to develop and confirm to them that the film is faulty and with a bit of luck they'll organise a replacement. In the meantime, picked up a couple of boxes of FP4+ and HP5+ at 4x5 for my visit to Norfolk Island next week so won't be going film-less!

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 30 Sep 2016, 09:20

I have always been curious to visit Norfolk Island. I try to wangle a trip through my work connections, but so far, no such luck.

The local girls greet every plane arrival standing on the tarmac and singing:

"We are the girls of
    Norfolk, Norfolk.
    We don't drink and we we don't smoke,
    Nor fuck, nor fuck!"
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Return to “The Negative”