Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

John Power

Re: Super Sharp, Super Fine Grain Film & Soup

Postby John Power » 05 Oct 2021, 20:01

Not the same detail, but Steve O'nions has started to give it a whirl, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBRoVRshGfM

I still have two more rolls to go, and the adotech iv to dev.

I've done a few enlargements with the first couple of rolls and there was no grain to focus when enlarging, the only thing close that I've used is PanF+, but there still was texture there.
I ran one roll through the OM2n with 50mm/1.8 and the other with an EOS1n and 24-105 F4L and the modern set up definitely showed better results.
I'd be keen to see what others do with it!

I just put a few on flickr
ImageThe oval by J P, on Flickr

ImageCamellia by J P, on Flickr

ImageBlossom by J P, on Flickr

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 06 Oct 2021, 23:08

John,

It's heartening that Adox are producing it in 35mm and 5x4, but with no darkroom I have to resist temptation. The Analog Insights boys have also done some excellent appraisals. I did see that O'Nions had a couple of shows about it but could only make about a third of the way through one of them.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

ShawnK

Postby ShawnK » 05 Dec 2022, 18:47

John Power wrote:Not the same detail, but Steve O'nions has started to give it a whirl, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBRoVRshGfMIT

I've done a few enlargements with the first couple of rolls and there was no grain to focus when enlarging, the only thing close that I've used is PanF+, but there still was texture there.
I ran one roll through the OM2n with 50mm/1.8 and the other with an EOS1n and 24-105 F4L and the modern set up definitely showed better results.

Let me ask you this. Do the OM2n and EOS1n take the same amount of time to process? Or does it take longer to process something?

Thanks for the video :)

John Power

Postby John Power » 21 Jan 2023, 20:01

ShawnK wrote:
John Power wrote:Not the same detail, but Steve O'nions has started to give it a whirl, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBRoVRshGfMIT

Let me ask you this. Do the OM2n and EOS1n take the same amount of time to process? Or does it take longer to process something?

Thanks for the video :)

There is no difference in processing from different cameras, both rolls were rated at the same film speed, so processing was done in exactly the same way :)

Return to “The Negative”