The Print is what matters

Making your print in the darkroom
smbooth

Re: The Print is what matters

Postby smbooth » 06 Mar 2019, 13:01

However you want to print them, just print them. If not for you then your children or future generations.

Bazz8

Postby Bazz8 » 09 Mar 2019, 06:53

Lachlan very impressive incredible impact which will sell for sure,out of my reach as I have invested much time and effort to get to where I am in Fibre Monochrome printing. The moment I tire of seeing the image appearing out of the tray perhaps I will see differently but not for the present.
One of the things which got me away from the club scene was the number of colour and mono digital prints with multiple layers
which was admitted and very obvious in competition formats. I liked working with colour slides as a photograph what you took was very hard to
change,Some of the impact of well taken colour is outstanding.
For me there is only one colour and that is black and White.
Barry

Bazz8

Postby Bazz8 » 11 Mar 2019, 08:12

I was given two prints from my grandparents wedding 90+ years ago,the relevance of the pictures is the longevity of the prints,interesting is that a framed print I picked up several years ago has the same window material which is like a timber veneer.
The group wedding shot is almost perfect in tone and print condition,the standing portrait you can see the bronzing in the top LH corner.
The top phone image shows the bought framed print with the timber veneer window mat.
bazz
Attachments
20190310_155135.jpg
20190310_155216.jpg

Return to “The Print”