Buying from China?

Walter Glover

Re: Buying from China?

Postby Walter Glover » 13 Feb 2015, 09:23

I am really glad to hear this. (And I might add that I am green with envy!)

Did you get the normal one or the one with Asymetric tilt on the rear standard?
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Moore » 13 Feb 2015, 10:02

Oh, lucky you. Look forward to seeing photos of it and photos you make with it!

Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Oscar » 13 Feb 2015, 17:45

Walter Glover wrote:I am really glad to hear this. (And I might add that I am green with envy!)

Did you get the normal one or the one with Asymetric tilt on the rear standard?

It's the "F1" model, which has the asymmetric rear tilts.

The camera appears to be well built and well designed, the only (minor) problem is that there is no manual or PDF or whatever to explain what is what. So for someone coming from a different LF camera that's not a big problem, but I can imagine a newbie to LF might find it a bit confusing.

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 21 Feb 2015, 13:37

Glad you got it OK and happy. But stop showing me photos of bright and shiny thing.. Makes me want one..

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 24 Mar 2015, 15:00

Can you confirm that the F1 has a GRAFLOK back on it. Also could I send you some Infra red film to test if the rumors about the bellows not being IR proof are correct.

Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Oscar » 25 Mar 2015, 21:41

smbooth wrote:Can you confirm that the F1 has a GRAFLOK back on it. Also could I send you some Infra red film to test if the rumors about the bellows not being IR proof are correct.

I'm not sure how a Graflok back is defined, but I can confirm that it takes the same film holders as my Crown Graphic, and also my Horseman roll film adapter correctly fits on the back if I unclip the ground glass. So I *think* this means it is a Graflok.

Yes, I'd be willing to try some IR film if you're willing to send it to me (in Adelaide), I can shoot it and then post back the developed negs. I don't have any LF IR film myself, otherwise I'd just try it to see. I've never tried LF IR, only in 35mm. Feel free to PM me if you want to pursue this.

Thanks.

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 30 Mar 2015, 08:21

OK have found out the F! does have Graflok back.
Oscar, PM me your address and Ill post a few IR sheets to you to try.

andrewch59

Postby andrewch59 » 30 Mar 2015, 11:12

Just for info, I bought a calumet rollfilm holder, graflok? for my Sinar F1 and it fits like a glove, athough in saying that I have not had the opportunity to put any film through it, but it does fit sweetly under the GG. The Sinar holders are worth about $700 plus, so at $70 including post
it was worth the gamble

Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Oscar » 31 Mar 2015, 20:13

smbooth wrote:OK have found out the F! does have Graflok back.
Oscar, PM me your address and Ill post a few IR sheets to you to try.

I'm currently having problems sending PMs (they stay stuck in my "Outbox", can't work out how to budge them from there).

Anyway, before I can shoot any IR film I first need to hunt down my IR filter. I know I still have one somewhere, and I've found the box for it, but I can't see it on any of my lenses so I'll need to do a careful hunt for it this weekend. Most likely I've put it in the wrong filter box. Once I've done that I'm happy to shoot a couple of IR shots for you. And hopefully by then I can work out what I'm doing wrong with my PM messages :)

Return to “Community Chat”