Ilford! Gah!

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Ilford! Gah!

Postby Alastair Moore » 15 Jan 2017, 16:07

I am so frustrated with Ilford. I reported a fault with some Ilford 8x10 film I was having back in September. This issue is still not resolved. The speed at which they reply to emails is beyond glacial. They apparently sent some sample sheets for me to use sometime in October.

Well, that never arrived and so after about 6 weeks of waiting for that to arrive and me pestering them to respond (I went public onto twitter to try and get some kind of response, which they did pretty promptly), they send another pack of sample which did actually arrive just before New Years, so immediately exposed a couple of sheets, scanned them and emailed them. We're now up to three weeks and four emails later and they just haven't replied. So I've gone public again on twitter to Ilford and hopefully that might get them to give their support department a nudge. So it's taken essentially four months to try and resolve this problem and it's still not resolved.

:x

Alastair Moore
Site Admin

Re: Ilford! Gah!

Postby Alastair Moore » 17 Jan 2017, 12:31

After some pestering, they've finally come through. Replacement box of film is on its way and not before time. Thank you, Ilford.

Walter Glover

Postby Walter Glover » 17 Jan 2017, 17:20

Winners never quit, and quitters never win Alastair.
Walter Glover

"We see things not as they are. We see them as we are."
Emanuel Kant

smbooth

Postby smbooth » 19 Jan 2017, 15:10

First time Ive heard of faulty Ilford film, but i suppose it must happen.

Shane

Mick Fagan

Postby Mick Fagan » 20 Jan 2017, 09:32

smbooth wrote:First time Ive heard of faulty Ilford film, but i suppose it must happen.

Shane

About 35-38 years ago, I had some bulk rolls of HP5 135 film. After running a couple of rolls off, I was pretty surprised to find that there were no markings on the rebates. Nothing at all, no frame numbers, which usually ran from zero through to forty, and no identification of what the actual film was.

I contacted Ilford Australia, who thought I was joking. Eventually the fella I was talking to realised I wasn't. As I then worked for a graphic arts trade house, where we consumed truck loads (literally) of Ilford, Kodak and Agfa sensitive products, they called in to my work.

We also used Ilford 135 bulk film at my work. After a check, it was noted that work had about 10 x 30M rolls of HP5. We quickly opened a can, loaded about a metre of it into our roller transport B&W film machine. As the film emerged, it was obvious there were no rebate markings on these bulk films either.

We all assumed that the rebate machine in England wasn't feeling flash that day; pun intended.

Mick.

Barry Kirsten

Postby Barry Kirsten » 20 Jan 2017, 16:31

In the 1980s I had a batch of 120 Pan F that had poorly printed backing paper, such that the tacky ink printed through the paper and into the film base. When I exposed and developed the first roll, I couldn't work out what was going on and how these ghostly dots and digits had got onto my prints. Ilford were very good and replaced the whole 10-roll batch. That has been the only issue I have ever had with Ilford or anyone else's film.

Return to “Community Chat”